- Fraud prevention startup NS8 implodes as SEC investigates them for.... fraud
- Memo to Robinhood traders: "Bankruptcy" usually means the equity gets wiped out
- Thematic next-wave portfolio constructor Motif goes bust
- Siri: What is a "Unicorn circle jerk"?
- AirBnB Pivots to "Virtual Experiences", Lands $1 Billion Down Round
Answer Corp, parent company to Answers.com has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a maneuver to jettison close to half-a-billion in debt.
Top creditors are:
- Yahoo, Inc. with an unsecured claim of $545,209.34.
- Taboola, Inc. with an unsecured claim of $411,754.97.
- Facebook with an unsecured claim of $295,000.
- Don Morrison, former vice president of Foresee, with a severance claim of $217,000.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. with an unsecured claim of $200,000.
This on the heels of acquiring marketing consulting firm Foresee in 2013 for $200 million.