- Fraud prevention startup NS8 implodes as SEC investigates them for.... fraud
- Memo to Robinhood traders: "Bankruptcy" usually means the equity gets wiped out
- Thematic next-wave portfolio constructor Motif goes bust
- Siri: What is a "Unicorn circle jerk"?
- AirBnB Pivots to "Virtual Experiences", Lands $1 Billion Down Round
Peripheral maker Mad Catz has thrown in the towel after unsuccessfully scouring for (pick one), bank financing, an equity infusion or sale of assets.
Apparently after enjoying a fairly solid business as a peripheral and game controller manufacturer during the Playstation Era, the company tried to expand into publishing with an ill-fated JV with Harmonix to release Rock Band 4. The rest is, as they say, history, but in a more literal and fatalistic sense.
The company was delisted from the NYSE recently ahead of the Chapter 7 filing.