- Fraud prevention startup NS8 implodes as SEC investigates them for.... fraud
- Memo to Robinhood traders: "Bankruptcy" usually means the equity gets wiped out
- Thematic next-wave portfolio constructor Motif goes bust
- Siri: What is a "Unicorn circle jerk"?
- AirBnB Pivots to "Virtual Experiences", Lands $1 Billion Down Round
The ‘Sup’ app, whose “boil the ocean” mission was to help people figure out which of their friends are nearby, and possibly available to hang with, will be shutting down. Despite being touted as “a really cool app” by the likes of Richard Branson and Steve Wozniak, it’s come up short:
“We saw growth but we didn’t see the hockey stick growth that we needed to see to actually make it a viable billion dollar business and that’s what our investors wanted to see,”
That could be because “hey, you ’round?” isn’t a billion dollar idea.