- Fraud prevention startup NS8 implodes as SEC investigates them for.... fraud
- Memo to Robinhood traders: "Bankruptcy" usually means the equity gets wiped out
- Thematic next-wave portfolio constructor Motif goes bust
- Siri: What is a "Unicorn circle jerk"?
- AirBnB Pivots to "Virtual Experiences", Lands $1 Billion Down Round
In a cost cutting initiative, Walgreens will shut down drugstore.com and beauty.com by the end of September, proving once again that when placing your faith in “category killing” domains, the only thing you may kill is your own business. Walgreens acquired their fleet of ecommerce sites in 2011 for $429 million. They will incur a charge of $115 million pre-tax as part of the shutdown. Drugstore.com launched in 1999 (of course!) and IPO-ed at $65/share…Read More